Nesbitt Realty prepares written rents for property owners with rental properties in the counties of Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax and Falls Church as a part of our management services service.
Indeed, you’re probably already aware that all of our leases are in writing. The rental contract Nesbitt Realty and Management uses was written by staff attorneys at the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors. Nesbitt Realty just changes details like the names of the parties, the dates and so forth.
Leases commonly have a one-year term. Longer leases are on rare occaisions approved and only after discussions with the investor. With the landlord’s approval—especially during slower rental periods—Nesbitt Realty makes leases for less than one year. Most usually investors accept longer or shorter leases to have the lease expire during a more active rental period. Nesbitt will once in a blue moon work to place a tenant on a month-to-month or short-term lease to accommodate sale of the home by the landlord, a renter’s pending departure, or moving the rental property into a more active rental period.
For a complete break-down our process, email Nesbitt Realty or read more here
. Nesbitt Realty & Management also discovers tenants through Internet web searches and other methods. To learn more about the full-list of what we do, contact an agent today. Nesbitt Realty also acquires lessees through Military Housing Office and other methods. To learn more about the full-list of what we do, talk to an agent today.
Read more about Nesbitt Realty's about rental property management services in Northern Virginia
$1,575 – 1 bed – 1 bath – 0 half-bath – 642 sqft – 1591 Spring Gate Dr #3102 McLean 22102
If you’ve never used a property manager before, you’ll probably want to learn as much as possible about the process and what exactly property managers do. In the broadest sense, here’s what all property managers do (or promise to do):
- Collect the rents. Put the rents into an escrow account. Disburse funds to pay bills, income to the landlord and fees to the property management company.
- Keep a record of all money and receipts and furnish that record on a regular basis to the landlord.
- Deal with HOA/COA.
- Manage tenant relations including maintenance requests, late fee notices. Deal with a laundry list of tenant problems: unauthorized guests, unauthorized pets, parking issues, tenant cleanliness, noise violations, neighbor complaints, etc. If necessary we manage the process of prosecuting actions to evict Tenants.
- Ensure compliance with state laws, local ordinances, licensing requirements, association rules, Fair Housing laws, insurance requirements, IRS requirements.
- Manage and dispatch handymen as needed.
- Inspect the property at the time of move-in at the time of move-out and from time-to-time during tenancy.
Money in general does not flow from the landlord to the property manager. Money flows from the tenant to the property manager to the landlord. Fees and commissions are withheld from collected rents.
Our standard agreement is a one year term, but either party can terminate the arrangement with 30 days notice.
The next step is to learn a little more about what differentiates us from other property managers.
[Learn more about our property management services now.